We are committed to protecting the personal information of children whose personal data is processed through our platform https://www.classe365.com (“Classe365”). We would like to inform you that we, as a service provider, process certain personal data of children under the age of 13 (“child” or “children”). The processing of children’s personal data occurs when an educational Organization that provides education services to your child (the “Organization”) invites you or your child to create a user account on Classe365.
If you would like to receive more information about how the Organization collects and uses your child’s personal data, please contact the respective Organization directly.
What personal data do we process?
We do not require to disclose more information about children than is reasonably necessary for their use of Classe365. The personal data processed by us through Classe365 includes child’s:
Online identifiers (IP address and cookie-related data); and
Any other information requested by the Organization or provided by you voluntarily.
For what purposes do we process personal data?
Children’s personal data is processed by us only for the purposes of:
Providing our services through Classe365 (i.e., creating and enabling your child’s student account);
Facilitating communication between the Organizations, you, and the child;
Conduct analytics of our business; and
Audit and security purposes.
We do not use children’s personal data for any other purposes.
Do we disclose children’s personal data to third parties?
We disclose children’s personal data only to the authorised third parties that perform services on behalf of us (our data processors), namely:
• Hosting service provider Amazon Web Services (https://aws.amazon.com);
• Business analytics service providers Google Analytics (https://analytics.google.com) and Semrush (https://www.semrush.com);
• Email service providers MailChimp (https://mailchimp.com), Active Campaign (https://www.activecampaign.com), and Intercom (https://www.intercom.com); and
• Software developing partner Atlassian (https://www.atlassian.com).
Such third parties are engaged to maintain the confidentiality and security of personal data. We may also reply to lawful requests from public authorities.
You can agree to the collection and use of the child’s personal data without consenting to the disclosure of the personal data to third parties, unless it is necessary for provision of the services through Classe365.
What are your rights regarding children’s personal data?
You can review your child’s personal data, ask to have it deleted and refuse to allow any further collection or use of the child’s data. You can review, correct and delete your child’s personal data by:
• Accessing your or your child’s account. Some child’s personal data available through the Classe365 user account. The possibility to create and maintain such an account is provided by the Organization. Please note that the availability of the personal data is also defined by the Organization. You can consult the Account to see what information is available to you.
• Contacting the Organization. You can contact the respective Organization directly and request it to provide you with access to your child’s personal data.
• Contacting us. In the last instance, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have the right and capacity, we will process your request in accordance with the applicable laws. However, please note that, in some instances (e.g., if we act as a data processor and the GDPR is applicable), we may not be able to directly process your request. If it happens, we will need to contact the respective Organization that acts as a data controller under the GDPR and forward your request to it. The Organization will be responsible for processing your request.
How to consent?
What are our contact details?
Our email address is: email@example.com
Our postal address is: Classe365, 22-28 Edgeworth David Ave, Hornsby NSW 2077, Australia
Our phone number is: +61 2 9472 5000
Where can you find more information?
• For more information about COPPA, please visit https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0031-protecting-your-childs-privacy-online.